Dear Valued Guests,
The San Luis Resort Spa and Conference Center is first and foremost committed to ensure the wellbeing of all of our guests and colleagues during this time, and have been closely monitoring the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) cases and following guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, as well as our local and regional authorities.
We understand the present concerns associated with traveling given the restrictions imposed in certain areas of the world and of the evolving situation nationally. Please rest assured of our Hotel’s commitment to the welfare of our guests and colleagues, and of our detailed and thorough approach to this situation, which include the steps below.
Please note that the CDC advises that older adults and people of any age who have serious underlying medical conditions might be at higher risk for severe illness from COVID-19. Guests should evaluate their risk in determining whether to attend. People who show no symptoms can spread COVID-19 if they are infected. Any interaction with the general public poses an elevated risk of being exposed to COVID-19. We cannot guarantee that you will not be exposed during your visit. We appreciate your cooperation during this unprecedented time. For more information, please visit CDC.gov/coronavirus.
On a daily basis we are committed in ensuring that we are constantly meeting the highest standards and the latest guidance on hygiene and cleanliness in our industry. Our hotel’s health and safety measures are designed to address a broad spectrum of viruses, including COVID-19, and include everything from handwashing hygiene and cleaning product. We are actively focusing on the education through the following health and safety programs:
- Hand Hygiene: Proper and frequent handwashing is vital to help combat the spread of viruses. In all of our departments, our teams have been reeducated that cleanliness starts with this simple step. We also have hand sanitizing stations located in all heart of the house areas and in most high traffic guest areas.
- Ongoing Training: In addition to training on housekeeping and hygiene protocols, we have rolled out an active hand cleaning and prevention program for all of our colleagues hotel wide.
- Staying Informed: Via our local and regional authorities and the CDC. We stay in real time communication with all of these resources through our 24/7 security department, and have specific measures in place to react to any known reports of infection locally.
- General Contact: We are advocating a hotel wide limited personal contact directive for our colleagues (ex: handshakes, close contact, etc…) that would typically be associated with customary greetings.
We currently use industry recommended cleaning products and protocols effective against viruses in all areas of our hotel and restaurants:
- Guest Rooms: We use cleaning and disinfecting protocols to clean rooms during each service, with particular attention paid to high-touch items.
- Public Spaces: We have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in public spaces 24/7, with a focus on the most common guest areas such as elevator buttons, door handles, public bathrooms, gym equipment, house car and counters in all areas of the hotel.
- Food Prep: We have stringent food handling protocols in place, such as double washing all of our produce, overall hygiene protocols of the kitchen surfaces every hour, and actively monitoring colleagues’ health and wellness during each shift.
- Back of House: In the spaces where colleagues work, our hotel is increasing the frequency of cleaning and focusing on high-touch areas like entrances, locker rooms, laundry rooms, staff offices, and cafeteria.
We will continue to update you as the situation evolves, and during the meantime remain committed to creating the most memorable hotel experience for you on your next visit at The Boardwalk Inn.
For the most updated information, please refer to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) or your local health authority